Dr. Pamela Abeyta may recommend a dental crown if your tooth has sustained damage from cavities or cracking. Crowns are custom-made to fit your teeth and smile, and they work to restore the appearance and strength of the tooth as well as protect it from any further damage. Crowns may be made of several materials, including gold, porcelain fused to metal and porcelain. Porcelain crowns are especially popular as they match the natural appearance of teeth.
Dental crowns, or caps, are often provided for a number of aesthetic and restorative purposes, including:
- Protecting a tooth following root canal treatment.
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge.
- Covering and completing a dental implant.
- Enhancing the appearance of your teeth and smile.
- Improving misshapen teeth.
- Strengthening teeth that are fractured or weak.
- Supporting teeth with large fillings and little remaining natural tooth structure.
Crowns typically require two appointments to complete. At the first appointment, our dentist will take impressions and prepare your tooth to receive a crown. A temporary crown may be placed to protect your tooth while waiting for the final crown. At the second appointment, our dentist will check that the final crown fits properly before bonding it into place.
For more information about dental crowns in Billings, Montana, and to schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist, please contact Rim Point Dental today at 406-948-8900.