Have you noticed yourself waking up unexpectedly in the middle of the night to catch your breath? Have been told you snore too loud? If so, you may be experiencing interruptions in your airway as the result of undiagnosed sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder caused by health factors such as weight gain or stress, and if left untreated, this sleep disorder can make you more likely to develop heart disease, high blood pressure or liver problems. Other signs you may have sleep apnea include:
- Waking up with a dry throat.
- Experiencing frequent fatigue throughout the day.
- Having a difficult time going back to sleep.
- Suffering from unexplained headaches.
- Experiencing mood swings and a lack of motivation.
- Having trouble concentrating when performing daily tasks.
To receive an official diagnosis of sleep apnea, we encourage you to meet with your primary care physician along with Dr. Pamela Ellison before starting sleep apnea treatment. Once it has been confirmed you have sleep apnea, our dentist can create a custom oral appliance to fit over your teeth to help open your airway so you can enjoy a peaceful night’s rest again.
If you have any questions about sleep apnea treatment in Billings, Montana, please contact Rim Point Dental at 406-948-8900.