Have you been known to grind your teeth while you sleep? If so, our dentist may highly recommend you start wearing a night guard as you go to bed. This oral appliance is made of safe materials and works to protect your teeth from the wear and tear of the effects of bruxism, also known as teeth grinding. Signs that you may need a night guard include:
- Frequent headaches and jaw discomfort upon waking up.
- Increased tooth sensitivity when consuming food and beverages.
- Worn down or chipped teeth.
- Facial pain or earaches.
- Clicking or popping noises as you open your mouth.
- Difficulty chewing.
- Signs of damage on the inside of your cheeks.
With a consultation at our office, Dr. Pamela Abeyta will evaluate the severity of your condition before crafting a custom night guard made to fit comfortably over your teeth. Once you receive your night guard, our dentist will provide you with instructions on how to properly care for your new oral appliance to ensure you enjoy a peaceful night’s rest
If you have any questions about night guards in Billings, Montana, please contact Rim Point Dental at 406-948-8900. We look forward to hearing from you!