Here at Rim Point Dental, we strive to do all we can to preserve the health and beauty of your smile. However, there may come a time when our dentist may need to remove a tooth to protect the rest of your teeth. This could be the result of:
- An infection that has caused damage to your tooth and possible bone structure.
- Overcrowding by having too many teeth.
- Serious tooth decay or gum disease that has left your tooth severely damaged.
- Trauma to your tooth after a car collision or other facial injury.
If this is the case for you, we strongly recommend you come in for a tooth extraction. Dr. Pamela Abeyta will perform this dental procedure very carefully to ensure you experience minimal discomfort. After you are all done, our dentist and team will provide you with instructions on how to care for your teeth after an extraction. These instructions may include:
- Avoiding strenuous activities.
- Using an ice pack to reduce swelling.
- Avoiding drinking through a straw and consuming hard food for a certain period of time.
- Staying away from tobacco products.
- Keeping yourself from sneezing or blowing your nose if possible.
If you have any additional questions about tooth extractions in Billings, Montana, we invite you to give us a call at 406-948-8900.